Screening is the first step in strategically approaching startups. Here we evaluate startups comprehensively. In addition to setting up search profiles, we also keep in mind the importance of long-term strategic goals and a matching between the corporate culture and the people involved. Our startup radar increases the probability of success of a cooperation and reduces the effort of the established partner in selecting the startup and initiating talks.
Strong foundation for successful cooperations.
Through startup scoutings, we enable established companies to keep an eye on the most important trends and innovations from the world of startups for their own organization, to identify new business areas and, if necessary, to enter into an active exchange with potential "game changers" at an early stage.
- Personal support
- Individual search for jointly defined search fields
- Research and observation of relevant start-ups and technologies
- Validation of business models
- Recommendations for action
In our screening process, we rely on more than database research and technological search criteria. We take a targeted, application-oriented approach. For a successful cooperation, we pay attention to the pre-selection of start-ups, among other things:
- Mindset and expectations of the startup and corporate
- Company status of the startup and the maturity level of its technology
- Readiness of the startup to engage in the search fields of the corporate
- Time frame
With our individually developed Startup Matching process, you lay an important foundation for successful cooperation with startups. We regularly introduce you to innovative startups according to jointly agreed search criteria. If you are interested, we coordinate the initiation of contacts and the further cooperation process and help you to make your company 'startup-ready'.
Your individual startup matching process consists of 5 steps. The basis for your success:
- Determine search fields
- Define stakeholders in the company
- Establish processes
- Search for startups, qualify, present
- Implement defined measures for collaboration
With concepts that have been tried and tested in consulting, we support both industrial companies that want to work with innovative founders for the first time and experienced corporations that want to differentiate their search fields, optimize existing strategies and get to know new start-up technologies and the founders behind them.
Many companies are currently jumping on the startup train before they know if it is going in the right direction. Before starting a collaboration with startups, it is essential to know how willing your company is to open up to external innovation and allow collaborations.
We determine your company's status and derive the individual need for action.
In close cooperation with you, we develop suitable processes for your organization, which from our experience are the prerequisite for successful cooperation with startups, and advise you on the provision of appropriate IT tools.
We prepare you and your company organizationally and strategically for the cooperation with startups:
- We determine the innovation readiness of your company (Innovation Readiness Assessment).
- We validate possible concepts for collaboration.
- We work with you to develop suitable processes so that your organization really benefits from cooperation with startups.
Depending on your objectives, the corporate startup strategy is an effective instrument with which you can, for example, develop a sustainable innovation culture in the company, achieve buy-in from all company units or make your company fundamentally interesting for startups.
With our years of experience in business planning and thanks to our own investor network, we can offer you excellent support in the establishment of startups or corporate spin-offs. BayStartUP's range of services includes the complete support and consulting of the founders.
- Technology Assessments
- Conceptual design
- Business Plan development and optimization
- Team Training
- Training modules
- Search for financial, cooperation and industrial partners
From our many years of startup coaching, we offer you practical insights, access to important expert knowledge and contact with experienced speakers. Examples of tried and tested training modules are
- Business Model Canvas
- Market & Competition
- Strengths/weaknesses/opportunities/risks analysis (SWOT)
- Business Model & Strategy
- Marketing & Sales
- Timetable for implementation
- Company (USP, core processes, partners, environment)
We organize complete startup areas for you at trade fairs and conferences – nationally and internationally. From inviting startups as exhibitors, matching with appropriate exhibitors to moderating discussion panels.
We develop, supervise and moderate individually designed workshops, events and meetups for your company or department, including technologically leading B2B startups.
These formats are particularly suitable if you have concrete tasks and are looking for innovative startup solutions from which you expect inspiration for your own business. But also if you want to be shown possible new solutions with potential for collaboration with the startups.
- Together with you, we define the workshops’ focus, goals and tasks.
- We coordinate the pre-selection and qualification of the startups.
- We prepare the workshop, accompany and moderate it on-site and evaluate possible solution concepts afterwards.
In our corporate pitching events, company representatives present their company to selected startups and then get to know the founders personally in 1:1 meetings.
- Put yourself and your challenges on the radar of startups.
- Get to know startups that offer solutions to your current challenges.
- Explore partnership and cooperation opportunities.
BayStartUP advises you on the main topics, takes care of the entire event organization and the qualitative pre-selection for you and finds the right startups for your topics.
Decision-makers from industrial companies and technology experts are given the opportunity at our "VentureCon" conference series to get to know startups interested in cooperation opportunities with corporates in an exclusive setting.
- Top start-ups provide established companies insights into the latest technologies and business models.
- Introduce yourself as a partner to the attending teams in concise presentation rounds.
- Talk directly about cooperations in sales, technology or development in 1:1 meetings.
- Discuss current challenges with founders, industry leaders and startup experts.
Update: VentureCon Industry postponed
+++ Due to the current situation around the coronavirus, the planned event with the focus on Industrial AI and Big Data in Munich cannot take place. We will provide information about a catch-up date as soon as possible online at www.baystartup.de/termine. +++