The jury has made its decision and awarded these three technology startups in the third phase of the Northern Bavaria Business Plan Competition. The winners offer innovative new approaches - from effective e-bike theft protection to climate-friendly building transformation with nanotechnology and revolutionary microplastic analysis.
2Lock develops and markets a contactless activatable wheel hub lock that can block both the rotation and removal of the front wheel of an e-bike. Due to its integration into the inner workings of the wheel hub, it is impossible to break open or remove the 2Lock hub lock without destroying the e-bike.
- Team: Simon Bäuml, Benedikt Bäuml, Martin Scherl
- Branch: E-bike accessories
- Origin: Regensburg | OTH Regensburg
AMPERIAL is developing a retrofittable and dynamic heat protection for buildings that can be activated automatically or individually. Based on a new nanotechnology material, the smart film has been filed for patent and can reduce heating in the building by up to 7°C and electricity consumption by up to 26%. The transparent film mainly reflects the heat part of the sunlight without affecting the desired daylight incidence and can also be tinted for glare protection.
- Team: Katja Wadlinger, Niall Killilea, Dr. Olaf Weiner & Matthias Trost
- Industry: ClimateTech, Nanotechnology
- Origin: Nuremberg | Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg | EXIST-Gründerstipendium
MYTRA is developing a novel measurement method for the detection of microparticles that enables the precise analysis of microplastics at the particle level in the flow. Companies, regulators and end users can thus make sustainable and economically efficient decisions and implement measures to reduce microplastics.
- Team: Jens Pfeiffer, Till Zwede, Valentin Meiler, Vincent Gödde
- Branch: Microparticle analytics
- Origin: Bayreuth | University of Bayreuth | EXIST-Gründerstipendium
Benedikt Bäuml, CEO at 2Lock:
The Businessplan Wettbewerb Nordbayern gave us the first opportunity to present our business idea to a competent jury of experts and to receive feedback. We will now use this to improve and further develop our business idea.
- The Building Information Cloud from Neumarkt is a software-as-a-service solution that efficiently and automatically checks planning results in the construction industry.
- dissecto from Regensburg offers an automated approach to cost-effectively and reliably perform safety investigations for safety-critical and networked embedded systems.
- onsite.ai from Zirndorf develops AI-based analyzers for the examination of mold spores, pollen, soot and other potentially harmful particles
- paxray from Würzburg creates an objective decision-making basis for managing business processes through intelligent analysis of activity data.
- ROBOTOP from Nuremberg enables providers of machines, systems and automation solutions to create personalized and interactive digital customer experiences.
Tobias Bladowski, Head of the Business Plan Competition Northern Bavaria at BayStartUP, said:
This year's competition has shown that the Bavarian startup scene is well positioned beyond Munich and is helping to shape the trends of tomorrow. Equally strong submissions came from all northern Bavarian districts and the top teams are convincing with innovative approaches in currently very sought-after industries ranging from ClimateTech to PropTech to Process Management.
At the Bavarian Business Plan Competitions, innovative founders from all sectors benefit from market-oriented professional feedback on their own ideas at a very early stage. Through the competition, they can quickly steer their concepts in a direction that appeals to their market as well as potential partners, investors and customers. Today's successful competition alumni include companies such as Adnymics, Blue ID, Fazua, Flixbus, invenox and Magazino, Testbirds or Toposens.
For many investors, a good competition ranking is a reliable proof of quality and is synonymous with well thought-out, forward-looking business models. Especially for technology-oriented teams that rely on venture capital to build up their company, the Bavarian Business Plan Competitions are seen as a springboard for the first rounds of financing.
Photo: BayStartUP / Andreas Gebert